When it comes to table manners or early taboos about food, I believe most elders are interested in this topic and willing to talk more about them. My grandma is an exception, but she mentioned something about cultures which made me feel lucky to live in the modern society.
My favorite breakfast is "turnip radish cake" (蘿蔔糕), but usually I have bread. The choices for breakfast vary for modern people. For the elders, since the economy was not stable in the past, the best and the last choice for them was porridge, which made them energetic again.As a girl, picking a great seat is important. The number of changing seats while eating means how many times one might get married in life. ( "Gosh!" I thought. I hope I won' t have millions of marriages. That would be too scary! )
To sum up, things change and I am glad to live an easy life in the twenty-first century.
Hmmm... I didn't know we had such an interesting culture, just for a girl to pick a seat! Yikes, wondering how many seats I've changed before... Really cool table manner though.
回覆刪除I like the turnip radish cake, too.Although it is a traditional Taiwanese food, the good flavor conquers us.
回覆刪除How did you find out about the culture of picking seats?I have never heard about it before.
回覆刪除I don't like to have turnip radish cake for breakfast, I like Chinese omelet. I have never heard about changing seat before!! Glad that I don't usually change seat when I am eating.
回覆刪除What?~ Who will change the seat while they are eating? Weird. I HATE turnip radish! The feelings in the mouth is gross! I'm sorry to sat that, but I really don't like it!
回覆刪除Interesting! The number of changing seats can decide the number of marriage? But we change seats in school~That's really scary.
回覆刪除I often eat turnip radish cake, but only for snacks.
回覆刪除I love eating turnip radish cake for breakfast ,too.
回覆刪除