A Walk In My Olympic Dreams
Pedestrians passed by,
Wearing fantastic smiles.
I asked a woman fearlessly,
“Excuse me, where am I?”
She sighed but laughed,
And caressed my head.
Slowly did she say,
“Darling, rove around with faith!”
I looked up high and saw a dove
Wheel leisurely through the sky.
I hugged the breeze and found all was fine
In the peace of Olympics.
Suddenly I regarded these
As the pure “peace” and “friendship”!
I lay down closing my eyes
Right under an apple tree
Thinking about how lovely the world is.
In my dreams,
Memories flashed and history shined.
Glad that peace didn’t hide.
Just from a week before to a week later
But now it lasts forever.
Let’ s hand in
hand with enemies,
They’ ll teach
us the beauty of amity.
Let’ s promise
for Olympics:
In the name of
all human beings
For the glory
of sport and the honor
Give a chance
to humanity
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first long poem I have ever written; however, I think it is not so terrible as I imagined.
While writing, I could deeply understand what often troubles writers-- inspiration. I kept thinking about the meaning of Olympics and the help it provides the world. I sat in front of my desk for a long time without writing even a letter. At first, I was considering about changing my goal, stop writing the poem. Nevertheless, the next day while I was on my way home, I passed Wufu Pedestrian Street. Turned left, I saw children in the Cultural Center chasing doves with smiles. All of a sudden, I burst into laughters, too. The next day, my poem, "A Walk In My Olympic Dreams," was born.
After the competition, when I heard the news about the judgers, I felt proud, really proud. Though they did not believe these are our works, they trusted us after seeing our works we wrote before. Now, I can totally feel that the hard work we did and the time we spent do show their values. As you sow, so shall you reap. Moreover, I' m glad that they also change their minds to Taiwanese students.

Dear Sherry,
回覆刪除Sometimes it's really difficult to seek inspiration. But most of the time, it comes naturally from little petty trifles.
You are a girl full of imaginaton. Good job.
Thanks a lot. I know that I' m a girl full of strange and crazy imagination.-----Sherry
刪除I really liked your drawings.
回覆刪除They are so cute!!
Thanks.... I love your poem, too. It is much more educational than mine. ----Sherry
刪除"You think it is not so terrible as you imagined?!!!" Ha, what I thought is it's way better than I could ever imagine!!!:) You really found good words to rhym.
回覆刪除Thank you so much. Actually, I did learn a lot of new vocabulary while writing it since I need words to rhyme. ----Sherry
刪除How did you have the idea to write this? It's so emotional that when my father read this, he couldn't believe it's written by a junior high school student!
回覆刪除Your father? Wow... Thanks to Ariel and Ariel' s father! This is the first time I am praised by an adult (except teachers and my parents).----Sherry
刪除Just like what Ivy said, I like your pictures, too!!!:) They are sooooooooooo cute:)
回覆刪除I thought that I insulted the mascots of Olympics.... Glad that at least you guys like them.----Sherry
刪除Oh, I like the insects with one eye that you drew!! They are so cute! I think what you wrote is really great. You are very creative. I like your poem very much!:))
回覆刪除I appreciate that God gives me unique imagination. However, sometimes creative people do things illogically. I am grateful to BBC club mates' for accepting me, the one who should have been sent to a hospital. Ha....
刪除I really like you poem. It's so beautiful!! When I read it, I can see pictures in my head!!
回覆刪除By the way, I like your drawings,too. Though they look like.......haha you know what I am talking about.(Just kidding: D)
Please let me make a conclusion: 1. I found out that students in BBC love SpongeBob SquarePants and Plankton. 2. Maybe we should care another great character in SpongeBob more-Patrick Star (Tina Chen). Ha..... Thanks for enjoying my pictures.----Sherry
刪除I think we share the same feeling about writing the poem. But though it was tiring, it was fun, wasn't it?
回覆刪除Thank you for taking me on a walk in your Olympic dreams!
Hope that your walk is "sure peaceful." For me, one of the best thing in BBC is making friends with you guys. You let me know that I am not good enough and push me, a lazy person, to learn more. Thanks a lot.----Sherry
刪除I like your poem very much. The imagery can clearly emerge in my mind. I'm also impressed by your drawings- the planktons!----Jason
回覆刪除Well, thanks a lot. I hope the picture in your mind is beautiful.
刪除Your poem is totally awesome!! When I read this, I can imagine the things you write. And I like the one-eye little things you draw.
回覆刪除Thanks a lot. I know I still have a lot to learn, for instance, whenever Teacher Tim has us do some activities, you can figure out what should do immediately.
刪除